This training course is ideal for anyone who works with children and families.
Find out how to support your pupils and families with claiming Free School Meal entitlement and maximising take-up. This E-learning replaces the Free School Meals face-to-face learning and is delivered over a series of three x 20-30 minute modules that can be watched at a time convenient to you.
This is a series of bitesize learning modules for all schools that you can undertake in your own time as many times as you like.
Audio video duration: 3 x 20-30 minutes. If you have any specific accessibility requirements please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training course is ideal for anyone who works with children and families. You will learn key information about free school meals, eligibility criteria, pupil premium, sign posting and much more. The course will include information and learning on the Free School Meals application process, universal credit, transitional protection and how to maximise your FSM take-up. This training will help schools to eliminate stigma and support more children and young people in Leeds to receive a healthy and nutritious meal in school.
The content of each module is below.
Module 1: An introduction to Free School Meals
Module 2: How to claim a Free School Meal
Module 3: Maximising Free School Meal awards and take-up
Health & Wellbeing SLA credit value = 1 credit. Cost: £130 per delegate for all three modules. Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid access subject to sufficient available training credits. The full price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
• Know what the Free School Meal entitlement includes,
• Know which families and pupils are eligible for a Free School Meal,
• Improve confidence to work with families and support them with submitting a claim,
• Understand funding associated with Free School Meals including Pupil Premium,
• Be able to understand the difference between universal infant Free School Meals and income assessed Free School Meals,
• Understand the links between Universal Credit and Free School Meals eligibility,
• Consider barriers associated with Free School Meals for families and pupils,
• Understand the importance of eliminating potential stigma,
• Identify strategies for increasing your Free School Meal take up and maximising revenue from Pupil Premium.
This e-learning training is available from 10th July 2020 to 31st August 2022.