The Health and Wellbeing Service is comprised of an expert team of consultants with a proven track record of achievements over eighteen years within Leeds City Council. In 2008 the service achieved government beacon status, in recognition of our cutting edge work supporting schools to embed the National Healthy Schools Standard.
We are passionate about supporting the children and young people of today to effectively manage their lives and their wellbeing, to help and support others and to become future, responsible custodians of a healthy and sustainable world.
We support schools across a number of areas, empowering children and young people to be safe, active, healthy and resilient individuals, including:
- Healthy Schools online self-evaluation tool – the School Health Check;
- Social Emotional and Mental Health;
- Healthy eating, physical activity;
- PSHE, Sex and Relationship Education (SRE), sexual health, drugs, alcohol and substance misuse;
- Participation and pupil voice, and
- Sustainable, eco-friendly schools.