SEMH covers aspects of:
- Emotional Literacy
- Mental Health
- Anti Bullying
- Evidence based targeted work with pupils
- Evidence based specialist work with pupils
Work of this type in schools has shown to improve behaviour, learning, emotional literacy, mental health and Ofsted ratings.
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA)
“Just as you don’t need to be a doctor to offer physical first aid, you don’t need to be a Mental Health professional to deliver Mental Health First Aid.”
There has never been a more important time to focus on youth mental health. With 1 in 10 children experiencing a mental health issue at any one time, the YMHFA training is delivered by Instructors who are certified and licensed by Mental Health First Aid England.
These courses are for anyone working with children and young people between the ages of 8-18yrs. They help you to support young people with mental health issues by enabling you to spot signs and symptoms of mental health issues in young people, relate better to their experience, and signpost to further support.
You can choose which level of training is suitable for your setting, and if you opt for the ful two day option, you will receive training covering the six common mental health issues: depression, anxiety, suicide, psychosis, self-harm and eating disorders.
There are 4 options currently available through the Health and Wellbeing Service during the 2021 / 2022 academic year:
- YMHFA 2 day course (face to face) will certify participants as Youth Mental Health First Aiders
- YMHFA 1 day course (face to face) will certify participants as Youth Mental Health First Aid Champions
- YMHFA half day course (virtual) will certify participants as Youth Mental Health First Aid Aware
- Bespoke courses If you are interested in training a group of staff , any of the above courses are also available as bespoke options where, subject to licence requirements, we can deliver a session in your venue / online as required.
For a list of training dates please see: http://www.leedsforlearning.co.uk
Explore our resources to find out more about:
- News and articles
- Useful websites
- Training packages
- Assessment tools
- Restorative Practice
- Self Harm
- Leeds-based SEMH Provision (MindMate Champions Programme)
You can download a range of unique tools and training resources developed by our expert team in Leeds. We have also included useful documents from national websites.