Health & Wellbeing Mentoring Support: This support is available, at no cost, to secondary schools and settings across the city, which have bought into the cluster offer, to who work with young people aged 11- 18.
The approach for the mentoring support is in line with the Leeds Practice Model. This enables the team to work with the young people in a resilience focused way. We will support any young person who is:
- Needing support with increasing confidence, resilience and social skills
- Showing signs of anxiety, or depression
- Showing signs of poor emotional health and wellbeing
- Showing a decrease in attendance and attainment or has a history of low attendance and attainment and at risk of becoming NEET
- Showing difficulties in identifying and establishing healthy relationships
How to refer
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO TAKE REFERRALS FROM CLUSTER SCHOOLS/SETTINGS
If you would like to make a referral, please complete the following referral form link Health Wellbeing Service Mentoring Support Referral Form and email firstname.lastname@example.org adding '1-1 support' in to the title.
'It has been extremely beneficial for XXXXXX who has responded well to the face-to-face sessions, and whilst she still has 'blips', she is better able to regulate herself and discuss how she is feeling without it escalating to the point where she requires physical support or is extremely distressed.': Teacher
“If it hadn’t been for this support, I never would have applied to college and wouldn’t be thinking about university”: Post 16 student