Effective Leadership & Management of Healthy Schools
To promote how effective a whole school approach will achieve sustainable health and wellbeing changes to children and young people. To share good practice and consider ways to work more collaboratively.
By the end of the day, delegates will:
- understand the roles and responsibilities of a Healthy Schools Coordinator.
- understand the processes of adopting a whole school approach to maintaining Healthy Schools Status through the ‘School Health Check’.
- have accessed and gained an overview of the requirements relating to the ‘School Health Check’ tool.
- have explored what health data is available to support planning.
- understand how the School Health Check and the My Health, My School Survey compliment each other to improve better Health and Wellbeing outcomes for children and young people.
- have reflected on their school’s practice to identify strengths and areas for development.
- be able to identify and know where to access information, support and training available through the Health and Wellbeing Service.
- identify next steps for yourself and your school setting.
To access this course your school needs to have a live account on the www.healthyschools.org.uk website.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Healthy Schools
Date: Thursday, 24 October 2019 09:15
Venue: The Old Fire Station,Gipton Approach, Leeds, LS9 6NL.
No SLA Price: £240.00
Full SLA Price: FREE