This course will help schools to explore and plan how to maximise the use of their outdoor space and play facilities. The workshop will include information on zoning, playground markings, fixed play equipment and landscaping and possible funding streams.
This course is suitable for schools regardless of current budget and will ensure best use of resources available to encourage maximum physical activity participation across the school.
By the end of the day, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the role the outdoor environment in school can have on pupils health & wellbeing
- Identify the impact physical activity can have on attainment
- Identify the key strengths & opportunities of their own school outdoor space
- Identify the key challenges the school faces in developing their outdoor space
- Create a development plan for their own outdoor play space
- Utilise effective consultation methods with pupils, staff and families about the play space
- Describe a range of funding opportunities to help with developments
- Use case studies of local schools to help with planning
Please bring a map/plan of your school grounds as this may be used when you plan/develop your outdoor area.
Date: Wednesday, 04 March 2020 13:00
Venue: Hillside Centre, Beeston Road, LS11 8ND
No SLA Price:
Full SLA Price: