Playmaker Playground Leader Training (years 4/5)
This course will enable year 4 & 5 pupils to be confident and effective playground leaders to support delivery of safe and fun physical activity opportunities to pupils out of school hours - breaks & lunchtimes.
The Playmaker Award will explore what makes a good team and a good leader along with developing quality communication skills, organisational and motivational skills to get everybody active during breaks and lunchtimes
By the end of the day, delegates will be able to:
- Describe impact of physical activity on health & wellbeing
- Explain the benefits of physical activity to the ‘whole child’
- Identify reasons for non participation by some pupils and identify possible solutions
- Demonstrate high quality leadership skills & positive team work
- Identify opportunities within own school setting to lead quality activity opportunities at lunch and break
- Facilitate a range of fun activities for breaks and lunchtimes
- Promote opportunities to be active at breaks & lunchtimes
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing and suitable footwear in order to participate in some fun games and activities during the day
- Maximum 6 pupils per school.
- Lunch will be provided for staff, however please arrange for all children accompanying you to bring along a packed lunch
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Active Schools
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.