This course will provide school lunchtime and break time supervisors with the skills, confidence and ideas to promote and facilitate safe, fun and healthy activities for all children in their care.
The workshop will include an overview of the role of physical activity within a school, activity ideas, playground zoning, and barriers to participation along with fun new ideas to engage all.
By the end of the day, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the positive impact of active breaks and lunchtimes on pupils and their learning during lessons
- Explain the benefits of physical activity to the ‘whole child’.
- Identify barriers and challenges to active breaks & lunchtimes
- Describe solutions to barriers.
- Identify opportunities within own school setting to facilitate quality activity opportunities at lunch and break
- Facilitate a range of fun activities for primary breaks and lunchtimes.
- Promote opportunities to be active at breaks & lunchtimes
- Support all children to engage in physical activity if they wish