HABC Accredited Food Safety Level 1 and Cooking in the Curriculum
The morning session will focus on food safety and how to teach in a safe and hygienic environment, as delegates work towards their Level 1 accreditation. The topics covered in this qualification are essential to the production of safe food. The Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) Level 1 Award in Food Safety in Catering is recognised internationally.
In the afternoon, delegates will learn practical skills to teach children of all ages how to prepare and cook healthy nutritious recipes in line with the statutory requirements of the curriculum. The course will cover skill progression and ensure delegates are confident to teach a wide range of cooking skills safely, including chopping techniques.
This course is aimed at all primary and secondary school staff (e.g. Design and Technology leaders) and can also be delivered as a bespoke course or full staff training session in your school. Please get in touch with the Health and Wellbeing Service at email@example.com to arrange your bespoke session.
- Work towards Level 1 Food Safety
- Understand DfE requirements for Cooking and Nutrition in the D&T curriculum
- Be familiar with skill progression and chopping techniques for different ages
- Cook and prepare healthy recipes
- Explore practical strategies for embedding cooking across all year groups, including creative cooking spaces and equipment use
- Delegates will also be able to access teaching materials, lesson plans, recipes and schemes of work
The breakdown of prices are as follows:-
Schools with no service level agreement £290 (this covers 1 delegate place including accreditation cost)
Leeds schools with a basic or full service level agreement package. (1 delegate place = 1 training credit) + £50 accreditation cost. The £50 accreditation cost will be raised to schools with a current Health & Wellbeing Service SLA after the training event has taken place.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Healthy Eating
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.