Effective Leadership & Management of PSHE Education
This course is ideal for primary and secondary PSHE subject leaders who may be new or recently appointed to the role or simply desire further support and clarification on ways in which to lead others and move PSHE forward in their school. Delegates will gain an insight into the roles and responsibilities of a PSHE leader.
This course explores the key issues and processes around the successful leadership and management of PSHE within all school settings. It will also enable delegates to have an increased confidence of their role as a PSHE leader and give delegates the opportunity to share their developing practice with others.
By the end of the day, delegates will be able to:
- Explore key issues around successful leadership and management of PSHE
- Consider ways in which to lead others
- Be aware of the current developments of PSHE
- Gain a better understanding of the Jan/Sept 2012 PSHE education survey visits grade descriptors
- Reflect on their own practice and identify strengths and areas for development for themselves and their school setting
- Understand and examine the importance of useful approaches to monitoring and evaluating existing PSHE provision in order to create a needs led curriculum
- Identify and explore various assessment strategies, recording and reporting techniques
- Share developing practice and establish networks to plan for future developments in school
- Consider ways in which to manage their own CPD as well as that of others
- Identify and know where to access further information, support and training available through the Health and Wellbeing Service.
This course is suitable for staff from primary, secondary and special school settings.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.