Effective Leadership & Management of PSHE Education
This course is ideal for primary and secondary PSHE subject leaders who may be new or recently appointed to the role or simply desire further support and clarification on ways in which to lead others and move PSHE forward in their school. Delegates will gain an insight into the roles and responsibilities of a PSHE leader.
This course explores the key issues and processes around the successful leadership and management of PSHE within all school settings. It will also enable delegates to have an increased confidence of their role as a PSHE leader and give delegates the opportunity to share their developing practice with others.
By the end of the day, delegates will be able to:
- Understand their role in relation to their school, team, learners and how to be a successful leader and manager of PSHE Education
- Be aware of the current developments of PSHE Education and understand the place of PSHE Education in the curriculum
- Explain what the new statutory Relationships, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education is for September 2020 and how to prepare for it.
- Understand the requirements of the Ofsted inspection framework (September 2019) and from the perspective of PSHE Education
- Explain how effective PSHE Education can support and enhance a school’s evidence to be ‘Ofsted ready’
- Have begun the process of self-evaluation/subject review and identifying next steps
- Understand and examine the importance of useful approaches to monitoring and evaluating existing PSHE Education provision in order to create a needs led curriculum
- Identify and explore various assessment strategies, recording and reporting techniques
- Share developing practice and establish networks to plan for future developments in school
- Have some practical ideas for improving their PSHE Education provision through effective planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation
- Identify and know where to access further information, support and training available through the Health and
This course is suitable for staff from primary, secondary and special school settings.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE