Virtual: Subject Leader Conference - Health Education for All
The day will consist of a keynote speech from Nikki Chowdry from the Department for Education (DfE).
There will be a mixture of live and recorded workshops throughout the day, a networking area plus a live Q and A session with the panel. You will be requested to select workshops at the time of booking.
Live workshops suitable for all settings include:
- Child Bereavement UK: Grief and bereavement in schools;
- Keeping well and staying safe;
- Changing adolescent body;
- How to support pupils get a good nights sleep;
Primary live workshops:
- Healthy eating;
- In the know – the blurred lines between gaming and gambling;
- Physical health and fitness.
Secondary live workshops:
- In the Know – building digital resilience around gaming and gambling;
- Alcohol Education Trust (also suitable for SILCs).
Primary pre-recorded workshops:
Internet safety and harms (pre-recorded workshop);
To allow you and your colleagues to flexibly access the keynote and workshops we will be recording each session except YGAM's In the Know Workshops.
- Recordings will be retained for a period of no longer that 12 months and it is your choice, whether you would like your video camera on or off on the day. If you do switch on your video camera or unmute your mic to ask a question please note that you may be recorded.
- Both In the Know sessions with YGAM require a minimum of 12 delegates to run on the day due to licensing requirements, (please only book if you intend to attend).
- Following attendance at the YGAM workshops you will be offered a bespoke follow up training session, where we explore the resources available at KS2 – KS5.
- On completion of both Part 1 and Part 2 training you will receive a City and Guilds assured credential.
- When booking on these workshops your contact details will be shared with YGAM in order to enable them to contact you regarding the follow up training and registration for accreditation.
These Subject Leader Conference days are designed to support you in planning, coordinating and delivering your PSHE Curriculum and ensure that your setting is meeting the new statutory requirements.
PSHE leaders, all teachers, senior leaders, health practitioners and governors.
£25 for schools with any Health and Wellbeing Service SLA
£75 for non SLA schools.
The registration fee includes access to the live sessions across the day, live Q&A with our expert panel, CPD certificates to all registrants and on-demand access to 8 sessions and materials after the event.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)