Virtual: School Food Ambassador Teacher Training
This online training session will support school staff who will be leading on set up and delivery of School Food Ambassadors. You will learn how to recruit a group of pupils to become confident to monitor and improve school meals and healthy packed lunches.
You will learn about the importance of healthy school meals, the lunchtime experience, the School Food Standards, the Eatwell Guide and the importance of overall health and wellbeing.
Understand what the School Food Ambassadors programme is and how to set it up in your school,
- Learn how elect your School Food Ambassadors,
- Become familiar with the School Food Ambassadors Guidance and Toolkit,
- Learn how to train and support your pupil School Food Ambassadors,
- Learn how to improve pupils' ability and skills to carry out their role in school,
- To build the confidence of your pupils as School Food Ambassadors,
- To gain knowledge of the School Food Standards and the Eatwell Guide,
- To share best practice and learn from other schools about their challenges and success stories of School Food Ambassadors,
- To improve your overall lunchtime experience,
- To support development and review of food and packed lunch policies.
Primary, Secondary schools and Special Inclusive Learning Centres.
Health & Wellbeing Service Level Agreement (SLA) credit value = 1 credit.
Cost: £130 per delegate.
Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing Service SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
For further information please contact email@example.com
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: Healthy Eating