Virtual: Breakfast and After School Club Training
The live course will be delivered virtually, focussing on the food provided before and after school, ensuring that menus, meals and snacks meet full compliance with the School Food Standards.
Good nutrition and healthy eating messages should apply across the whole school day to improve the overall health and wellbeing of children and young people. The School Food Standards are a statutory compliance that the majority of schools must meet.
This course will also include learning on how to run successful before and after school clubs, considering funding, pricing structures, as well as activities and staffing, to ensure they are cost effective and are a positive experience supporting pupils’ needs before or after their school day.
The event will include guest speakers and services that may be able to support your before and after school offer with food or activities.
We will also discuss strategies for ensuring provision and activities can be delivered safely, within COVID-19 guidelines.
This online event will include interactive learning opportunities and a chance to share experiences with other schools delivering before and after school provision.
- How to ensure that food served at breakfast and after school clubs is compliant with the School Food Standards,
- Understand the importance of healthy eating, nutrition and physical activity for good health and maximising learning outcomes,
- Learn how to plan fun, tasty and low cost menus and snacks,
- Understand the basic food safety and hygiene practices that should be applied at clubs,
- Know where to access free or subsidised food to support clubs,
- Know about funding available and consider pricing structures for attendance,
- Share best practice with other schools,
- Gain ideas delivering food related activities in a safe and hygienic environment, to engage pupils with the food they eat,
- Understand strategies for marketing and promoting before and after school clubs.
Health & Wellbeing Service Level Agreement (SLA) credit value = 1 credit
Cost: £130 per delegate.
Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
For further information please contact email@example.com
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: Healthy Eating