Flavour School Workshop
We invite members of school staff from Key Stage 1 and Foundation to bring two pupils along to be part of this event and find out how to deliver the Flavour School curriculum first hand. You will have the opportunity to experience a sample of the lessons and accompanying activities to increase children’s curiosity, confidence and willingness to try new foods.
The ultimate goal is to empower children to have a positive relationship with food and eating. The focus is on helping children to better understand their eating experiences, and to approach new foods on their own terms, so they can be more confident and discerning eaters, and more willing to explore and enjoy a wider range of foods and flavours.
Teaching staff will also be invited to attend a short zoom meeting prior to the event to cover the theory and background of the programme.
This event is suitable for school staff involved in teaching, planning or leading curriculum activities in Foundation, Year 1 or Year 2. Each member of staff is invited to bring two pupils to be a part of this event and take learning back to their peers.
- An introduction to flavour school as a programme,
- How to deliver flavour school in the curriculum,
- Increase pupils confidence, curiosity and willingness to try new foods,
- Understand basic food safety when delivering lessons,
- An opportunity to test of delivery of the activities with your pupils,
- Learn how flavour school and link and support other areas of school life such as school meals,
- Gain confidence with using the resource pack.
Cost: £130 per delegate.
Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits. The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
Please note that all face to face training will be delivered in line with Covid-19 guidelines at the time of delivery and, therefore, may be subject to change.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: Healthy Eating