School Food Ambassadors Pupil Training
This training session will support pupils in schools who are School Food Ambassadors. It aims to help pupils to become more confident with their role and enhance their skills to monitor and improve school meals. It is suitable for pupils who have been newly selected as School Food Ambassadors and also those with some experience.
You will learn about the importance of healthy school meals, have an opportunity to share best practice of the School Food Ambassador programme and meet other young ambassadors. Pupils will become knowledgeable of the School Food Standards, the Eatwell Guide and the importance of overall health and wellbeing.
Please note: due to limited capacity each school is invited to bring up to two School Food Ambassadors who must be accompanied by one member of staff (ideally your School Food Ambassador lead officer).
To train and support your pupil School Food Ambassadors.
- To improve pupils' ability and skills to carry out their role in school.
- To build the confidence of your School Food Ambassadors.
- To gain knowledge of the School Food Standards and the Eatwell Guide.
- To share best practice and learn from other schools about their challenges and success stories of School Food Ambassadors.
- Have an opportunity for School Food Ambassadors to speak and present their story of how your school has benefited from the model.
- To improve your overall lunchtime experience.
- To support development and review of food and packed lunch policies.
Primary, Secondary schools and Special Inclusive Learning Centres.
Health & Wellbeing Service Level Agreement (SLA) credit value = 1 credit.
Cost: £130 per delegate.
Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing Service SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
Please note: all face to face training will be delivered in line with current Covid-19 guidelines and such may be subject to change.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: Healthy Eating