Effective Leadership & Management of PSHE
This course explores the key issues and processes around the successful leadership and management of PSHE within all school settings.
It will enable you to have an increased confidence of your role as a PSHE leader and give you the opportunity to share your developing practice with others.
By the end of the day, you will be able to:
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a PSHE leader,
- Understand how to effectively lead and manage PSHE Education provision within the whole school curriculum,
- Be aware of the new statutory Relationships, Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) and Health Education requirements and how to prepare for these,
- Understand the requirements of the Ofsted inspection framework (September 2019),
- Explain how effective PSHE Education can support and enhance a school’s evidence to be ‘Ofsted ready’,
- Have begun the process of self evaluation/subject review and identifying next steps,
- Understand and examine the importance of useful approaches to monitoring and evaluating existing PSHE Education provision in order to create a needs led curriculum,
- Identify and explore various assessment strategies, recording and reporting techniques,
- Share developing practice and establish networks to plan for future developments in school,
- Have some practical ideas for improving your PSHE Education provision through effective planning, teaching, assessment and evaluation.
Health & Wellbeing service level agreement credit value = 2 credits.
Cost: £250 per delegate.
Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
Please note that face to face training will be delivered in line with current Covid-19 guidelines and as such may be subject to change.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE