Virtual: Delivering Primary Relationships and Sex Education with Confidence
This course is aimed at leaders, teachers and support staff in primary school settings, helping to increase your confidence in approaches to teaching Relationships and Sex Education.
Quotes from previous delegates:
- 'I now have many more ideas on engaging, appropriate activities to follow up learning with. Lots of information to take back to school to update policies etc';
- 'Lots of practical ideas as well as the opportunity to share ideas and discuss lesson ideas';
- 'The course provider was very informative and offered some excellent and relevant advice'.
- Increased your confidence in approaches to teaching the more sensitive aspects of Relationships and Sex Education e.g. puberty and reproduction,
- Learnt ways to create a safe environment using ground rules and non-negotiable rules,
- Learnt ways to respond to awkward and/or personal questions,
- Considered how to introduce and use agreed vocabulary in Relationships and Sex Education lessons,
- Gained knowledge of the law and guidance around the content of the Relationships and Sex Education curriculum,
- Explored elements from the Relationships and Sex Education units in the You, Me, PSHE Scheme of Work,
- Discussed resources that schools may use to support the teaching of puberty and reproduction,
- Discussed any concerns and shared/suggested ideas for alleviating these concerns.
Cost: £130 per delegate.
Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course length: Skype/Online Meeting
- Theme: PSHE