Gain the skills and confidence to address the stigma surrounding mental health is a shorter duration and gain the tools to confidently open up conversations to create a mentally healthy environment in; your family, school, peer group, youth group or community.
This course will provide mental health first aid knowledge and skills, it won't teach you to be a therapist, but we will show you to appropriately listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
You will also be able to confidently advocate for mental health awareness.
Learning takes place through a mix of highly interactive group activities, presentations and discussions. We limit numbers to 16 delegates per course, with a minimum number of 10 so that the instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Our Youth MHFA one day course qualifies you as a Youth Mental Health First Aid Champion.
Youth Mental Health First Champions have:
Everyone who completes the course will be able to take away with them:
- An understanding of young people’s mental health and factors that affect wellbeing,
- Some practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues,
- Confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress,
- Enhanced interpersonal skills,
- Knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s through self-help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix – engaging with parents, carers and external agencies where appropriate,
- Ability to support a young person with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive,
- Tools to look after their own mental wellbeing.
Following the programme, delegates will receive a certificate confirming their attendance on the course, and their status as a “Youth Mental Health First Aider”.
- A Youth MHFA manual to refer to whenever they need it,
- A workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health,
- A Youth MHFA lanyard and action card,
- A Youth MHFA pen,
- A Youth MHFA badge.
This course is suitable for anyone working with or supporting children and young people over the age of 8.
£130 per delegate for settings who have an SLA with the Health & Wellbeing Service,
£170 for settings with no current Health & Wellbeing Service SLA.
We can also deliver a bespoke course at your venue* if you wish to train up to x16 participants at once, at a cost of £1200 (representing a cost of only £75 per delegate on a full course).
Duration of Course: You will need to arrive on time (8:45am for a 9am start until 5pm finish) and attend the full day to gain accreditation as a Youth Mental Health First Aid Champion.
- For a bespoke course, your venue must be able to comfortably and safely accommodate seating for 16 people plus two trainers, have facilities for Powerpoint, and a quiet second space where confidential support can be given if necessary.
Trainers: Your trainers for this programme will be Steven Body (07891 273134) email@example.com and Sue Pennycook (07891 271655) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Thursday, 22 April 2021 09:00
Venue: TechNorth Room 5 9 Harrogate Rd, Chapel Allerton, Leeds LS7 3NB
No SLA Price:
Full SLA Price: