Cooking in the Curriculum
A practical and inspiring course, providing delegates with all the skills, knowledge and confidence to teach the statutory requirements for cooking and nutrition in the curriculum.
Delegates will learn practical skills to teach children of all ages to prepare and cook healthy nutritious recipes in line with the statutory requirements for the design and technology curriculum. The course will cover skill progression and ensure delegates are confident to teach a wide range of cooking skills safely, including chopping techniques.
All ingredients, resources and recipes will be provided as part of the day.
• Ensure food and healthy eating are a curriculum priority and work towards aspects of the new DfE healthy schools rating scheme
• Be familiar with skill progression and chopping techniques for different ages
• Cook and prepare healthy recipes
• Explore practical strategies for embedding cooking across all year groups, including creative cooking spaces and equipment use
• Delegates will also be able to access teaching materials, lesson plans, recipes and schemes of work
Please bring with you a container to take home the food you prepare. Please ensure you wear appropriate footwear, remove any nail varnish and long hair is tied back.
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Healthy Eating