The Northern Food Teacher Conference
The conference is aimed at trainee, new, non-specialist and experienced teachers and will provide insight into the national food and nutrition issues that impact the lives and education of children and young people.
There will be presentations from experts in the fields of nutrition, education, food science, classroom management and cooking. There will be allocated sessions dedicated to teaching pupils in the primary and secondary phases.
This conference will include learning and workshops on the following topics (subject to change):
- The 2019 Ofsted Inspection Framework and Health Education
- Planning food and nutrition Schemes of Work and lessons in primary and secondary schools
- Bringing the Eatwell Guide to life
- Food safety in the primary classroom
- Setting up and delivering cooking lessons
- Where food comes from
- Food science in the classroom
- Inspiring students - Careers in Food and Nutrition
- Resources to support primary and secondary food teaching
The cost to attend this conference is £100 per delegate including refreshments. (This event is not included in the SLA offers).
Second and subsequent delegates from the same establishment will be charged at a discounted rate of £50 per person.
There is no limit on how many members of staff can book per site.
Food Teachers, Primary, Secondary, Food and Healthy Eating Leaders
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: Healthy Eating