AET Talk About Alcohol (TAA) for Secondary Schools
- raise the age of onset for youth drinking
- reduce binge drinking and drunkenness and its associated harms
- reduce the amount of alcohol related illnesses and harm in adulthood
Each delegate will receive the new full resource (including the SEND resource), online access to SEND PowerPoints, full colour emoji laminates to use in groups, picture and story led resources, a DVD of 4 BAFTA award winning films, lessons and activities.
- a detailed overview of the interactive TAA resources which have a strong emphasis on games, activities and teaching positive approaches and resilience that engage young people around alcohol
- knowledge of both the social and physical effects of alcohol; alcohol and the law; units and guidelines and staying safe
- a hands on experience of using the resources and take away the full resource pack
- the knowledge of a social norms teaching approach
- an awareness of how parents influence young people’s behaviour around alcohol.
For non Leeds schools/settings there is a charge for this training course, which includes the teaching resource pack.
We recommend that two staff members attend this training, however non Leeds schools or settings will only be charged for one delegate place even when sending two.
Breakdown of the prices for this course are as follows:
1. Leeds schools/settings: free of charge - this includes 2 delegate places and one Alcohol Education Trust – Talk About Alcohol (TAA) resource pack per school (value of pack - £90)
2. Non-Leeds schools/settings: £215 - this includes 2 delegate places and one Alcohol Education Trust – Talk About Alcohol (TAA) resource pack per school (value of pack - £90)
- In addition to the resource each school will also receive online access to a password protected area of the TAA website giving access to SEN lesson plans and power points.
N.B. (Additional resource packs can be purchased at a cost of £90 each)
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: PSHE
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.