Exploring Emerging Issues in PSHE
The Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016, statutory guidance for schools and college states that: ‘all staff should have an awareness of safeguarding issues’, including: Child Sexual Exploitation (CSE), Teenage relationship abuse and Female Genital Mutilation (FGM).
This course aims to address all these key topics whilst also including emerging topics from throughout the year.
The course will provide delegates with the opportunity to:
- explore current challenging topics when delivering PSHE/SRE
- understand the history, origins and prevalence of FGM and how we can address this in schools
- address the current agenda for CSE , with the opportunity to explore resources
- understand the current agenda around teenage relationship abuse, how to address the topic of unhealthy relationships, for example violence, power and consent
- explore emerging PSHE/SRE topics from throughout the year
Audience: Secondary PSHE practitioners, Safeguarding Leads, Pastoral staff, Learning mentors, Alternative provision providers
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: PSHE