Anxiety and depression: identifying and supporting pupils in your school
For pastoral leads and staff, SENCOs, TAs, HTLAs, support workers, classroom teachers, safeguarding leads, matrons, senior managers
This course will provide a safe space for participants to discuss the challenges they face and provide them with the knowledge and understanding to develop actions to take back to school.
On completion of the session participants will:
- Have an awareness of the key concepts relating to anxiety and its causes as they relate to school
- Have an awareness of the key concepts relating to depression and its causes as they relate to school
- Recognise behaviours relating to depression and anxiety
- Be confident to act effectively when faced with a pupil presenting with depression and/or anxiety, and refer appropriately to treatment services
- Be able to build capacity within school by being able to talk authoritatively to colleagues about anxiety and depression
- Receive quality assured resources
- Have developed a bespoke action plan
- Possess outcome measures for monitoring action plans
- Course length: Half day
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.