Emotional Literacy and your school
Programmes to support emotional literacy have the potential to significantly raise attainment and improve behaviour (Durlak 2011).
This course is an interactive, thought-provoking introduction to the topic.
On completion of the session participants will:
- Understand the key concepts of emotional literacy as they relate to schools
- Have gained an understanding of the evidence base in relation to emotional literacy
- Be able to identify pupils who need additional support with emotional literacy
- Be able to offer effective support to these pupils
- Be able to talk authoritatively to colleagues about emotional literacy and thus build capacity within school
- Receive quality assured resources
- Have developed a bespoke action plan
- Possess outcome measures for monitoring action plans
Pastoral leads and staff, SENCOs support workers, classroom teachers
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.