Growing Food in Schools Network Meeting
Come along and meet our local experts and champions for growing food in schools from Leeds Edible Schools Sustainability Network LESSN http://lessn.info/ and Feed Leeds http://feedleeds.org/, including the Orchard Project https://www.theorchardproject.org.uk/ and Grow to School https://www.growtoschool.co.uk/. Find out where you can access free resources and get support to help embed food growing as part of your curriculum, ethos and food culture.
This network meeting is part of a regular series of meetings that provide a chance for likeminded growers and gardeners in schools to meet and share knowledge. Whether you are new to growing or an experienced gardener you can find out about local support, free resources and ensure your school is meeting statutory curriculum requirements.
Find out about free support, resources and teaching materials for growing
- A chance to meet local experts and experienced gardeners
- Share best practice for embedding growing through a whole school approach
- Learn how to engage pupils with where their food comes from
- Understand how to use food produce in schools
- Gain ideas for growing will little or no outside space
- Find out how to access free farm visits and free in-school support
* Free to Leeds authority schools
- Course length: Twilight
- Theme: Healthy Eating
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.