An introduction to emotional well-being and mental health - Skills
This course is an interactive, thought-provoking introduction to the topic which allows opportunities for sharing best practice and developing effective, evidence based strategies.
On completion of the session participants will:
- Have an awareness of the key concepts of emotional wellbeing and mental health as they relate to school
- Have an understanding of the value of empathy in supporting colleagues and pupils
- Recognise the link between behaviour and mental health/wellbeing and respond accordingly
- Show empathy to pupils and staff
- Be able to build capacity within school by being able to talk authoritatively to colleagues about emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Receive quality assured resources
- Have developed a bespoke action plan
- Possess outcome measures for monitoring action plans
Pastoral leads and staff, SENCOs support workers, classroom teachers, safeguarding leads, matrons
- Course length: Full day
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
We currently have no upcoming events for this course.