An exciting and practical event at Meanwood Valley Urban Farm, Leeds to support food growing and help tackle climate change in your school.
Join us at the event to celebrate Earth Day 2022 as we come together to learn about what your school can do to make a difference to the environment. We will explore how to connect children with where their food comes from and understand how growing and outdoor education can address climate change.
This event will help to embed food growing as part of your ethos and food culture and ensure that you meet statutory requirements of the Design and Technology curriculum and embed climate change through a whole school approach.
There will be an opportunity to explore Meanwood Valley Urban Farm’s unique setting, meet local experts and learn about how outdoor learning and sustainability can be fun and engaging for your pupils.
This event will include practical learning and support for schools around how to grow food and meet curriculum requirements as well as providing you with advice on accessing resources and funding.
Guest speakers will include Feed Leeds, LESSN, Grow to School and ReThink Food.
• Ensure your school is meeting statutory requirements within the curriculum,
• Learn how to engage pupils with where their food comes from,
• Explore barriers to delivering growing in schools,
• Find out about resources and teaching materials for growing,
• Explore how to teach pupils about the climate emergency,
• Have a chance to meet local experts and experienced gardeners,
• Share best practice for embedding growing through a whole school approach,
• Understand how to use food produce in schools,
• Gain ideas for growing with little or no outside space,
• Find out how to access farm visits and in-school support.
Health & Wellbeing SLA credit value = 2 credits
- £250 per delegate.
- Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
- The full 'PAYG' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
Please note that all face to face training will be delivered in line with current Covid-19 guidelines and as such may be subject to change.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org