KS2 Home Learning Lesson - Food Waste
This resource comes with a parent/teachers guide and a PowerPoint
Click here to download this resource
This resource will help pupils to learn about food waste and think about how they can help to reduce it while at school and at home. The resource is suitable for home-learning and can be uploaded to your online classrooms or learning platforms. You can also use this resource as a lesson for pupils who are in school. It may be helpful to share this guide with parents or the resource can be shared as a standalone task for independent learning.
By the end of the lesson pupils will;
- Understand what food waste is and where is comes from,
- Have an introduction to taste and why we should try new foods,
- Gain ideas for how they can reduce food waste at home or at school.
Learning about food waste and taste supports a range of National Curriculum subjects including Cooking & Nutrition (Design & Technology), PSHE and Geography. This resource also helps pupils to understand about some of the wider issues surrounding Climate Change.
- Theme: Healthy Eating
- Type: Curriculum/Teaching
- Cohort: KS2, Primary
- Audience: Teachers, Parents, Governors
- Price: FREE