Keeping children safe online over the holidays
No doubt you’ll be working with a young person who has asked for some form of internet-enabled tech for Christmas.
Check out this blog from the CEOP Education Team full of tips on how you can make sure that young people are safer online, over the Christmas period and beyond.
Other key resources include:
- The Internet of Things: 9 ways of making your connected home more secure
- Seasonal Netiquette: 5 new parenting rules for screen time and tech when families gather (Parent Info)
- Send me a pic? A resource for 12-14 year olds that addresses issues related to the non-consensual sharing of nude images. Share the two new image sharing articles (Send me a pic? and When pics get shared around) for 11-13s in the meantime
- A set of lesson plans for 12-14 year olds to help prevent negative and harmful sexual behaviour
- A resource on online blackmail for 16-18 year olds
- A new website for 4-7 year olds linked to Jessie & Friends
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
- Type: Curriculum/Teaching
- Cohort: KS3, KS4, KS5, Secondary
- Audience: Teachers, Parents, Governors
- Price: FREE