CoppaFeel! Breast Cancer Lesson Plans
CoppaFeel!’s lesson pack has gained the PSHE Association's Quality Mark for PSHE education resources. CoppaFeel! is a breast cancer education charity that has developed lesson plans to encourage young people to get to know their bodies and adopt healthy behaviours from a young age.
This free-to-download lesson pack covers content relevant to your whole class, and includes three lesson plans with accompanying activities and resources (including videos) to help you deliver engaging lessons on this important topic.
CoppaFeel! was founded in 2009 to raise awareness among young people about getting to know their bodies and the importance of detecting any unusual changes early. They work nationally to encourage young people to check their breasts and pecs regularly; know the signs and symptoms; and feel confident to act upon noticing any changes.
The school pack will support you to equip your students with:
- essential knowledge about breast cancer
- information on healthy lifestyle choices that may reduce a person’s risk of getting cancer
- guidance to help them get to know their bodies
- guidance on what to do if they find something that's not normal for them
CoppaFeel!'s School pack will support new statutory Health Education requirements to ensure students 'understand the benefits of regular self-examination' and the pack includes teacher guidance to help ensure content is delivered in a safe, confident and effective way.
- Theme: PSHE
- Type: Curriculum/Teaching
- Cohort: KS3, KS4, KS5, Secondary
- Audience: Teachers, Parents, Governors
- Price: FREE