New mental health lesson plans & PowerPoints for key stages 1 - 4
The PSHE Association have launched 18 updated and re-designed lesson plans on teaching about mental health and emotional wellbeing through PSHE education.
These KS 1 – 4 lessons (originally produced under DfE funding) are now in line with our updated mental health teacher guidance and will support you to plan for new statutory PSHE requirements regarding Health Education, Relationships Education and RSE. We have also launched new PowerPoint versions exclusively for PSHE Association members.
Lessons in key stage 1 and 2 include teaching about identifying and talking about feelings; understanding how feelings affect behaviours; strategies to manage feelings; the link between mental and physical health; and managing the transition to secondary school / key stage 3.
Lessons in key stage 3 and 4 include teaching about challenging stigma related to mental health; promoting emotional wellbeing and healthy coping strategies; developing ‘digital resilience’ in the context of online pressures; reframing negative thinking; awareness of unhealthy coping strategies such as self-harm and eating disorders; and awareness of common mental health concerns such as anxiety and depression.
Brand new PowerPoint versions of all mental health lesson plans are exclusively available to PSHE Association members, complete with:
- Teacher-only slides with clear guidance notes to support you through lesson delivery
- Student-facing slides to support engaging lessons
- A range of activities to deliver during lessons
- Theme: Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH)
- Type: Curriculum/Teaching
- Cohort: KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4, Primary, Secondary
- Audience: Teachers, Parents, Governors
- Price: FREE