The My Health, My School Survey is an online pupil perception survey that gathers children and young people’s views, behaviours and choices in relation to their health and wellbeing. The survey is quick and easy to use and provides schools/colleges with instant results to their data.
We are now offering an additional Wellbeing Survey, which will run from 2020-2021 and seek to measure the impact of lockdown on your school communities.
- In 2017-18, over 17,000 pupils completed the My Health My Survey in Leeds
- In 2018-19 we expanded the survey nationally, and over 22,000 pupils completed
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, our 2019-20 respondent rate fell to 5,800, as the usual time to complete the survey is the summer term.
- Wellbeing surveys have been produced alongside the My Health My School survey for 2020-2021, to ensure our surveys meet the evolving needs of schools at this time.
What data does the My Health, My School Survey offer to schools?
- All About Me: Key demographics such as gender, race, free school meals and living arrangements. All subsequent answers can be filtered using these demographics to inform targeted interventions.
- Healthy Eating: Food consumption - breakfast, snacks, drink, fruit, vegetables and dental hygiene.
- Physical Activity: Travel to school/college, out of school activities, including accessibility.
- PE in School: PE lessons, after school provision and sports/activity participation levels.
- Drugs, Alcohol and Tobacco: Cigarette/ecigarette use, alcohol use and accessibility, (secondary only) illegal drug use (includes New Psychoactive Substances)
- Sexual Health (Secondary & Post 16 only): Consent, pressure, sexual actvity, contraception use, access to contraception.
- Social, Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH): General wellbeing, feelings, worries, bullying, self-harm, gambling, sleep, caring responsibilities and bereavement.
- My School/College: School/college experience including environment, level of support, participation, voice and influence. Questions on PSHE topics, content, knowledge of support services offering help or advice, and issues specific to their school/college.
Resources: The website also hosts a range of supporting resources including parent carer letter templates, introductory assemblies and pre/post lesson plans.
Cost: Both surveys are fully funded for all Leeds schools/academies and are now available worldwide, subject to a fee.
Please visit our FAQs page for further information on both sets of surveys.
Please contact us with any enquiries about the My Health My School or Wellbeing Surveys: Schoolwellbeing@leeds.gov.uk