MindMate Champions is designed to promote and develop evidence based best practice for SEMH skills and provision in universal settings as well as training the workforce.
It is funded by Leeds Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) with other partners such as Public Health investing staffing time. It is delivered in partnership between the Health and Wellbeing Service (H&WS) and Northpoint Wellbeing.
Following consultation with schools and Children’s Centres the programme provides:
- Free access to the SEMH section of the Healthy Schools School Health Check and action planning tool OR Children’s Centre Self Assessment Tool.
- Access to MindMate Lessons: a new and modern emotional literacy and mental health curriculum for KS1 – 4 - includes 66 core lessons and a series of focus modules on specific topics.
- Free validation visit and consultant support.
- MM Friendly award and opportunity to become a MM Champion setting.
- Subsidised SEMH training programme for staff
- Regular updates to MM links on the current Future in Mind Leeds (SEMH) strategy.
- Access to SEMH news and resources.
Please click here for flow charts visualising the steps within the programme for each setting.
Please click here and download the PDF to see the subsidised training courses that are currently available. The training portal is continually upated so, once you register and gain access, check back regularly for the full scope of what's on offer.
MindMate Champions Bulletins:
We recommend that, with all video content linked within the bulletins, staff watch the videos in their entirety to check they are happy with the content before they show them in school. Content warnings can usually be found in the description of the youtube video.
Children and Young People told us they wanted to learn more about their mental health before they had issues, so we created MindMate Lessons, a modern Social, Emotional and Mental Health curriculum for Key Stage 1-4 to help them do just that.
MindMate Lessons have been written by a range of teachers, mental health professionals and consultants in partnership with other relevant services and groups. They are designed to fit into your PSHE curriculum, in a modern, engaging and evidence based manner as part of the MindMate Champions whole school approach.
They have been designed with as much thought for ease of use for school staff as for teaching essential skills to pupils. Everything can be accessed online so you can filter for year group, download the PowerPoint lessons, lesson plans and resources all in one place.
You can also leave your thoughts, review and requests for us. We’d love to hear from you and any good ideas for improvements you might have. We will continuously add additions, improvements and amendments so please check back regularly for latest versions.
Find out more about MindMate Champions and MindMate Lessons by visiting our website.