Free Educational visits for all Leeds schools
What better way to mark this years' Recycling week 24-30th Sept (see attached to display from 24th Sept please) than to take your pupils on a free visit of one of Leeds' environmental experiences to learn more about how we manage waste. The aim of the week is to encourage everyone to recycle more, by demonstrating the benefits of recycling items from all around the home. Educational visits are available at;
- Leeds Recycling & Energy Recovery Facility (including a brand new set of Fact File resources supporting learning at KS 3 & 4)
- Kirkstall Road Household Waste site, and to see what happens to Leeds green bin recyclable waste visit our Materials Recycling Facility at HW Martins.
CLICK HERE to download a free recycling poster
Free ‘Waste and Recycling’ lessons for Leeds schools
As well as providing a tailored interactive teachers’ e-resource pack this current free offer includes everything your school needs to set up a team of School Recycling champions including;
- a whole class 2 hour interactive lesson led by the Council’s Waste Recycling Advisors (WRA’s)
- Pupil toolkit comprising 12 sets of ‘Recycle for Leeds’ hi-vis waist jackets, notepads, recycling information cards and mini-model green recycling bins, and
- the opportunity to visit our state-of-the-art Recycling and Energy Recovery Facility (RERF) to learn first-hand about the journey of Leeds household waste and to see one of the largest living green walls in Europe with over 110,000 native plants covering a massive 1,800m2 (see photo).
For further information contact: Steve Ruse. Lead Sustainable School consultant. Mob: 07891 275297. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org