Raise your awareness of young people’s mental health and become certified as Youth Mental Health First Aid Aware.
This course will help you to support young people with mental health issues by enabling you to relate better to their experience and developing your skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues.
Participants who complete this half day training session will be certified as Youth Mental Health First Aid Aware.
By giving you the tools to confidently relate to young people living with mental health issues, this course will support you to create a mentally healthy environment in your school, setting, youth group or in your community, family and peer group. By undertaking this course you will also be able to contribute to creating a culture where talking about feelings is the norm and stigma associated with mental health is reduced.
This course will provide mental health first aid knowledge and skills, it won't teach you to be a therapist, but we will show you how to appropriately listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. You will also be able to advocate for mental health awareness.
We limit numbers on this virtual course, with a minimum number of 8 so that the instructors can keep people safe and supported while they learn. Learning takes place through a mix of highly interactive group activities, presentations and discussions.
Further details regarding the course can be found on our website www.schoolwellbeing.co.uk/pages/youth-mental-health-first-aid-training
Our Youth MHFA half day course qualifies you as Youth Mental Health First Aid Aware and you will have:
• An understanding of mental health in young people and factors that affect wellbeing,
• An understanding of stigma and discrimination,
• Knowledge of protective and risk factors,
• Some practical skills to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues,
• Confidence to reassure and signpost a young person in distress.
Everyone who completes the course will be able to take away with them:
• A Youth Mental Health First Aid combined manual and workbook,
Following the programme, delegates will receive a certificate from Mental Health England confirming their attendance on the course, and their status as Youth Mental Health First Aid Aware.
- £55 per delegate for settings who have an SLA with the Health & Wellbeing Service.
- £70 for settings with no current Health & Wellbeing Service SLA.
- Please note: due to the cost of resources, this course is not included within the SLA credits.