Ensure your breakfast and after school clubs are fun, healthy and compliant with the School Food Standards!
A practical and informative course focusing on food provision at before and after school clubs. This training will support school staff who run or manage breakfast or after school clubs in primary and secondary schools, helping them to provide a healthy and enjoyable offer for pupils.
Nutrition and healthy eating standards should apply across the whole school day to ensure that all food outlets provide a consistent level of good quality meals. We will learn about the importance of a balanced diet, how to plan and review menus and make sure that food meets the needs of your pupils and club.
This course will also include learning on how to run successful before and after school clubs, considering funding, pricing structures, as well as activities and staffing, to ensure they are cost effective and are a positive experience supporting pupil needs before or after their school day.
The event will include guest speakers and services that may be able to support your before and after school offer with food or activities.
- Understand the Eatwell Guide and healthy eating key messages for children,
- Ensure your before and after school menus and food provision is School Food Standards compliant,
- Plan fun, low cost or simple menus that are balanced and nutritious,
- How to set up and run before and after school clubs,
- Learn about different funding models,
- Gain ideas for fun, engaging and low-cost activities to be delivered at your clubs, supporting pupils overall health and wellbeing,
- Know where to access food or funding to support your clubs.
Health & Wellbeing Service Level Agreement (SLA) credit value = 1 credit
- £130 per delegate.
- Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
- The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
Please note that all face to face training will be delivered in line with current Covid-19 guidelines and as such may be subject to change.
For further information please contact email@example.com