A practical and fun course for school staff and pupils together.
This course is ideal for schools new to school food ambassadors or those with experience. School Food Ambassadors will enable you to improve or transform your school lunch service through the eyes of the child.
This training course is a fantastic opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence of your ambassadors. It will help to raise aspirations, promote leadership and increase pupil participation, ensuring that your pupils are experts when it comes to food.
This training session will support pupils to become/who are School Food Ambassadors. It aims to help pupils to be more confident with their role and enhance their skills to monitor and improve school meals and packed lunches. School Food Ambassadors is all about working in partnership with catering to raise the profile of lunchtime and school food to meet the needs of your pupils.
Your pupils will learn about the importance of healthy school meals and have an opportunity to share best practice of the School Food Ambassadors programme and meet other young ambassadors. Pupils will become knowledgeable of the School Food Standards, the Eatwell Guide and the importance of overall health and wellbeing.
Due to limited capacity each school is invited to bring up to two School Food Ambassadors who must be accompanied by one member of staff (ideally your School Food Ambassador lead).
Drinks will be provided and delegates (pupils and staff) are invited to bring their own healthy lunch.
We will be tasting food as part of this event so please inform the course leader of any allergies or dietary requirements in advance.
Please ensure you follow your own school procedure for travel with your pupils and gain parental consent.
• Understand how to train and support your pupil School Food Ambassadors to improve their ability and skills to carry out their role in school,
•To train and support your pupil School Food Ambassadors,
•To build the confidence of your School Food Ambassadors,
•To gain knowledge of the School Food Standards and the Eatwell Guide,
•To share best practice and learn from other schools about their challenges and success stories,
•To promote pupil voice, leadership and responsibility,
•Learn how to taste food and give feedback,
• Improve the quality of school meals, packed lunches and the overall lunchtime experience.
Health & Wellbeing SLA credit value = 1 credit
- Due to limited capacity each school is invited to bring up to two School Food Ambassadors who must be accompanied by one member of staff (ideally your School Food Ambassador lead).
- We will be tasting food as part of this event so please inform the course leader of any allergies or dietary requirements in advance.
- Please ensure you follow your own school procedure for travel with your pupils and gain parental consent.
- £130 per school (1 teacher + 2 pupils).
- Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
- The full 'PAYG' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
Please note that all face to face training will be delivered in line with current Covid-19 guidelines and as such may be subject to change.
For further information please contact email@example.com