Elevate your teaching with our comprehensive PSHE subject leader day.
Join us for a transformative professional development experience that covers a wide spectrum of crucial topics in PSHE education. This dynamic training day has been meticulously curated to provide you with invaluable insights and skills to excel in your teaching journey.
This is a perfect opportunity for primary and secondary leaders of PSHE Education. Whether you're new to the role, recently appointed, or seeking additional guidance, this day offers valuable support and insights on effectively guiding others and advancing PSHE within your school. The event will feature distinct workshops tailored for both primary and secondary settings.
This training session is scheduled across three different dates within the city, allowing you to engage with fellow professionals in your locality.
- Pol-Ed: To create and maintain external partnerships to enhance our service offer (P&S):
Find out how the Police-Education scheme of work can support schools in delivering expertly planned lessons designed to develop a deep awareness of risks, citizenship, and the law. Pol-Ed aims to create a world where children and young people are safe and the impact in schools will inspire a generation of change makers who will help shape a positive, inclusive, and lawful society for everyone.
- Transforming emotional responses and behaviours, embedded within the PSHE curriculum (P):
Just suppose you can have strategies to respond to children’s behaviours and a PSHE curriculum lesson plan all taught through play. Would you be interested? In just one hour, Michelle will playfully cover 3 main areas to support the complexities of stress behaviours and show her brand-new interactive resource to target stress behaviours through the PSHE curriculum.
- Diversity Role Models LGBTQ+ workshop (P&S):
This workshop will explore the use of Role Models in inclusive education as tools to imbed empathy and educate young people and adults. We also will explore LGBTQ+ in the classroom and best practice in creating an inclusive school environment.
- Illegal Money Lending Team: Ensure young people feel confident about money and understand the dangers of using illegal money lenders (loan sharks). (S)
This workshop will focus on Education Packs, approved by Young Money. The activities are based on real life scenarios and designed to explore a range of issues; deciding how to spend our money; safer lending and borrowing; considering the choices we make when thinking about how to manage and fund our lifestyles; the costs and benefits of individual choices particularly the dangers and consequences of using loan sharks and how to choose more appropriate alternatives.
- Networking and sharing opportunity.
- Pol Ed Scheme of Work : Designed by teachers for teachers, it aligns with the RSHE statutory guidance under the headings of Keeping Safe, Relationships, and Understanding the Law all intended to ensure the safety of our children.
- Inclusive Education (LGBT) : Discover innovative ways to create an inclusive and safe learning environment for all students, with a special focus on LGBT topics.
- Interactive Therapeutic Children’s eBook : Explore cutting-edge tools that leverage technology to engage and support students in their personal development journey.
- Learn about the education packs available to support the teaching about the dangers of using loan sharks.
- Networking & Sharing Good Practice : Connect with fellow educators, exchange ideas, and share best practices, fostering a community of growth and collaboration. Find out more from the Public Health Resource Centre and the School Library Service about what they can offer to PSHE Leads.
TrainerHealth & Wellbeing Team
- Please note: Lunch is NOT provided. Delegates may wish to bring their own packed lunch. Refreshments (tea and coffee) will be available.
Health & Wellbeing Service Level Agreement (SLA) credit value = 2 credits.
Cost: £260 per delegate.
Schools with a current Health & Wellbeing SLA may be entitled to pre-paid places subject to sufficient available training credits.
The full 'pay as you go' price will be applied if you have insufficient training credits.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org