Develop your skills using the proven HENRY approach to lifestyle change.
This 2-day session is suitable for any practitioner who supports parents with children aged 0 to 12.
This course will help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to provide effective support to parents and carers, enabling them to give their children a healthy and happy childhood.
HENRY has been commissioned in Leeds for over 10 years. Initially focussing on the HENRY parent group programme for parents of children under 5 years of age, it is now provided to families of children from 5-12 years of age.
The programme focuses on building parental confidence and strength, exploring key themes such as; emotional well-being, whole family lifestyle habits, mealtimes, TV, sleep, food, parenting and physical activity.
Attending this core training will help you to understand how to embed the key messages and approaches into your current role working with families.
HENRY family support works. 97% of families who join a HENRY family programme are leading a healthier lifestyle by the end of the programme. Independent evaluation has shown that families make long term lifestyle changes and parents themselves often describe our support as ‘life-changing’.
On completion of this course you will have the option to undertake Group Facilitation Training and progress to deliver HENRY parent programmes.
- Understand the role of early years in future health and wellbeing.
- Adopt a partnership and empathic approach to working with families around parenting skills, lifestyle habits, nutrition, physical activity and emotional wellbeing.
- Adopt a strength-based and solution-focused approach to exploring family lifestyle issues.
- Be able to provide clear messages on healthy nutrition and physical activity for children aged 0 to 12 in a way that resonates with parents and carers.
- Gain confidence in making referrals to the HENRY parent/carer programmes.
- Please arrive from 08:45 am for registration.
- Please report to the main reception.
- There is limited car parking on site and some on-street parking nearby.
- Please allow extra time for parking.
Additional needs and allergies
- If you have any additional needs or requirements that you may need assistance with (e.g. hearing, sight or physical) during the course, please let us know.
- Tea, coffee and water will be provided.
- Please bring your own lunch and snacks, or you can access shops/cafes nearby.
What to bring
- A packed lunch (optional).