Young Minds Crisis Messenger
Young Minds has launched an emergency messenger service for young people experiencing a mental health crisis.
- It’s a 24/7 messenger service via text only
- The young person should text YM to 85258. They'll be connected to a trained volunteer in less than 5 minutes
- The job of the trained volunteer is to listen, help them think through how they’re feeling, and aim to help them take the next steps towards feeling better.
- It’s a crisis messenger so appropriate to signpost in instances of suicidal thoughts, self-harm, relationship breakdown etc.
- Texts are free from EE, O2, Vodafone, 3, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile, GiffGaff, Tesco Mobile and Telecom Plus.